Monday 6 December 2010

Headless chicken

Oh god! has it been a week already?
Monday was letters and tears last week, by Wednesday we had two visiting researchers to talk too from Europe. By Thursday I had been shaken from bed by a rather scary earthquake (the epicenter was about 3/4km from my apartment) , packed and flown to Wakayama for a conference. Friday- my brave little umbrella I first bought in Japan met its end in a mini typhoon when we went to try the local ramen. Saturday I gave a talk....
Went to karaoke with most of the foreigners who attended, rolled into the hotel bed about 3am.
Sunday- got up at 6am, to depart for Nara with the girls from my lab. Cycled around Nara trying to avoid marathon runners, hoards of tourists and roaming ravenous deer
Flew back to Sapporo, headed to the lab for a practice of our routine for next weekends Bonenkei- well its my last chance for humiliation so I volunteered for this... I finally reached home at 9pm.
Yesterday I started making plans for moving- I will start work on January 24th in Newcastle, so this week I've got to start getting the important things sorted...lists have been started, Christmas flights to the UK cancelled.
I spent an hour last night staring around my apartment wondering what I'm going to do with the things I have. Then I realised I still have all the presents for Christmas to post....

Finally, Thanks for commenting- its nice to hear! I will try and keep up to date on the blog once I"m in the land of brown ale and crazy football fans and skimpy nightclub outfits. Newcastle is definately an interesting place.

5 comments:

gaijinwife said...

yes do keep posting from the land of ale and skimpy nightclub dresses :) Preferably in one and drinking the other.

Good luck with the rest of the whirlwind.

I'd type chicken noises if I knew how !

bakeerrrrkkk bakeerrrrkk !! Sorry, bad attempt.

Oyome-san said...

I think you need the Super Home Packer to come round to your apartment this weekend and help you decide what Goes and what Sells and what Dumps!

I have a LOT of experience in this now!
(and I can lay claim to the bookcases...and wondering about the oven too...?????!!!)

umebossy said...

Awh, you cancelled your Christmas trip home? I guess it would have been too rushed once you got back but it's a shame you won't be there for the big day...maybe you can get your family to do a Christmas dinner for you once you're back properly? ;)

Heather said...

I'll do my best to be in the ale drinking a skimpy dress! ;)
Though taking pictures of them maybe more dangerous than here...

The super home packer is welcome to come and survey my goodies- I've already persuaded some people they need my sofa and curtains.
I think my parents (well my Mum for sure) are fattening calves as we speak. Plans are already being drawn up.

SomedaysSarah said...

What about drinking a crazy football fan? that sounds like fun - even more so if he's the one wearing the skimpy outfit!

Nothing like a move to remind you how much STUFF you own, eh?!

Good luck!