Monday 29 November 2010

Fog on the Tyne....


....will be all mine all mine, or maybe that should be sub-arctic temperatures and drunken Geordies will be all mine all mine.
I got the job. Despite the fact I didn't think the interview went that great. The fools! or am I the fool? I was very weepy yesterday, still a bit today. I'm happy of course, but its a wrench to leave so many wonderful people behind here- some I've not even met!
It will be a quick change- maybe thats good, scary too- I have to move in the middle of January... and start working straight away. Maybe this will help make the transition better.

3 comments:

umebossy said...

Ooh congratulations! I was just coming to ask if you'd heard anything as this post hasn't shown up on my reader yet.

Must be lots of mixed feelings though, especially as it will all be happening so quickly. Does that mean you'll be home for Christmas, then back to Japan for a couple of weeks then off to Geordie-land? I hope you'll have time to fit everything in before you go... and that you continue to blog once you get back! The North East -is- about as random as Japan after all ;)

Oyome-san said...

YEAH!

But I am going to be SO sad to lose you as a friend...because over THERE just isn't the same as HERE!

But, I'll choke back my tears and help you move...I am very good at home packing.

I have boxes arriving from England January 12th or so...would you like to use them????!!!

SomedaysSarah said...

Congrats!

Wow... that's a tight turnaround! Good luck!