Wednesday 8 December 2010

A musical interlude

I wanted to write up the rest of my trip to Taiwan, but other things got in the way as you might have noticed. I wanted to make a movie of the photos with this cool song we kept hearing all around Taipei. When we were there the election campaign was in full flow. The green party had this really nice song with a native taiwanese singer- so a cool mix of chinese and native tune. My friend wrote the name down so we could find the CD- but alas we couldn't even find a CD shop in Taipei, let alone the CD!
If my friend can send it to me, it will make a nice memory, I'm sure only K and myself will associate this song with our trip- its weird how music can do that. Limahls "Never ending story" always reminds me of my family holiday to Majorca when I was a kid as it was playing in all the restaurants. Shakiras' "whereever, Whenever" is Cyprus- bouncing around in a landrover in the turtle conservation area.

Here ( I can get it to work) is the tune curtesy of you tube . Its a nice de-stressing tune..enjoy


Do you have any tunes you associate with a particular time or place? feel free to share.

5 comments:

Oyome-san said...

SWEET!! Love it...very soothing.
But I'm a little worried for this poor guy with the stalker-lady with the long hair who keeps turning up during his day...and WHAT do you think he gets at the end? Is it his mum's tomato chutney from home?
very nice.
loved it.

Music and Moments - for sure!
Bohemian Rhapsody will always be a bumpy minibus in Indonesia with a bunch of people singing along cos the radio had just announced Freddie M's death.

Every Breath You Take - first serious boyfriend. Our Song.

Laughter in the Rain/Sedaka - current man and hitchiking with our skis in the snow down from Teine Highland.

Rumours album/Fleetwood Mac - 6th form student lounge.

Kenny G - a hotel in Turkey I worked in, cos the front desk guy played it EVERY single morning as the hotel BGM.

those are MY choices!!!

Heather said...

Perhaps the pickles came from stalker girl!

Your music memories are fantastic, although I'm not sure about Kenny G...

I think we may need a karaoke session for these memories ;)

SomedaysSarah said...

I was going to try and track down links fir all of these but...

I find myself equating music with moods more than places or people. So when I'm excited and happy I might put on Lou Bega, tired or headachy means Pachabel Canon, in need of a shot of energy and I'll turn to a Bollywood album, Great Big Sea when or a compilation of ice hockey tunes when I'm hone sick, and the Beatles "Let it Be" on endless loop when I'm really upset. (yes, I do have VERY eclectic taste in music!) Oh, and the Full Monty soundtrack always gets put on when I'm cleaning...

Heather said...

Hi Sarah,
Oh I have music for my moods too.
You certainly do have an eclectic mix- ice hockey and bollywood. why Ice hockey?
definately classical for relaxing and calming- allegri's miserere or some mozart or chopin.
80's songs for tidying up. or at the moment Christmas tunes

SomedaysSarah said...

I'm Canadian and a HUGE hocey fan. The songs in my hockey mix are all the ones I listened to played at games in the intermission and whatnot and they are GREAT pickme ups!

Oh, and 60s tunes for roadtrips!

(and don't worry, my iPod has plenty of "normal" music too!)