Tuesday 25 January 2011

Wye aye man

Hello you all!

Just a quick post to let you know I've arrived in Geordie land. I left the meters high piles of snow and freezing temperatures behind me and landed into the winter greens and browns of Newcastle. I've already experienced the football match crowds and noise outside of my flat, shopped myself to a standstill and I'm slowly working through my 'my god I've missed you' foods and drinks. I even went and ate soba in wagamama and mistakenly ordered in Japanese much to the bewilderment of the waitress.
I'm borrowing a computer and log on address in work. After all the rush to get here, it turns out my contract has been finished yet- the company lawyers are being slow, so I can get a proper email and proper access, staff card or paid...at the moment. I have had calls to say this will be sorted, but in the meanwhile I'm hanging around my new lab and desk space, drinking coffee- eating cake. I may even get some lab work done today.
Anyway, once I'm back online more freely I'll be sure to update and stick up some pictures of greenery for any of those still stuck in a Japanese winter.

Ja, mata ne!

4 comments:

gaijinwife said...

Yay - glad you were able to hijack a computer and password to update. Hope all the work stuff gets sorted soon and you can settle in to things - in-between continuing to eat and drink your way through your list.

Oyome-san said...

I LOVE the idea of you in a soba place in England...ordering in Japanese!!!!!!

SomedaysSarah said...

Good luck with the rest of your settling in!

Are you confusing people with all your bowing? I once freaked out a couple of Japanese tourists on a Britrail train when I picked up my heavy bag and let out a "yoisho!" The stared at me in confusion while I giggled... ;)

Heather said...

Hello you lovely lot!
I haven't bowed too much- I"ve been stopping myself. the soba incidence I hope won't be repeated....yet, I had to stop myself saying "Gochiso" as I left too.

Everyone keeps asking me about if I can speak Japanese I want to say ma-ma or made-made to them and "yoisho!" comes out often too, my god I'm really turning Japanese!