Wednesday 5 January 2011

Well, that was a...

bracing walk into work this morning.
I was wondering whether the rest of the world had stolen our snow allowance, but it seems to have arrived en masse in a swirling wind blown pile.
Today, I've got starbucks coffee on order to sweeten up my lovely secretary friend, while she helps me to cancel all the utilities for the apartment and sorts out some large trash pick up. I say helps, but actually she's really doing it all while I stand there to supply numbers or dates as appropiate. I've been feeling a little helpless in the last few days (seriously cursing the lack of Japanese to do these kind of phone calls), not helped by the lack of sleep and constant crushing weight of the LIST of things to do. It kinda came to head yesterday when I was in a particularly crabby mood, I rang another friend in work to meet for lunch and ended up having a bit of a weep down the phone at her. I didn't mean to as she has enough on her plate with trying to finish her PhD thesis, but in the end it was probably what was needed to clear my head and focus.
The lovely secretary came to the rescue yesterday and I've now got the shipping sorted for next week. Phew.... a big relief to tick at least one more thing off the LIST

2 comments:

gaijinwife said...

good luck with the ticking off. It will all get done - in between farewell parties and hungover last days at work.

SomedaysSarah said...

Ugh, I HATE the LIST! But I always have one myself. Sometimes I find having it all written out makes it easier, sometimes it just seems all the more overwhelming!

Good luck!!!