Friday 7 August 2009

Another lazy Friday

Well the end of another week. My motivation levels are pretty low still. This week I've also not got so much sleep, its got all hot and sunny and me being the weakling that I am doesn't do so well with nights that are hot (20C- see how much of a weakling I am). I even had a little nap in my favourite hiddy hole in work- the cell culture room with its gently drone of the extractor fans and sunshine and extremly comfortable chair. That was after I cleaned out the crap that some previous user had left behind. Someone doesn't seem to clean up their spills which gets me gnarky, but I shall zen and not say anything for now.....
Disappointly, I have decided that I can't get to Fujisan this year. Stuff happens- work has gotten in the way of the weekend I was going to go and I've got work that I should be doing hanging over me too. Also, its pretty expensive to fly off to Tokyo for a weekend and then not to be able to climb because the weather is crappy or something. So next year then- by which time I'll be amazonian- woman- like with my fitness (ha ha).
My mini boss is off to a conference next week and we're into the Obon quiet time in the lab, so hopefully I can sneak an afternoon off work undetected.
I think this evening is time for a "pamper me" session in the bath. I have some onsen bath salts from Kyushu to try out. Have a good weekend

No comments: