Friday 31 July 2009

Friday loafing

I'm stuck in the lab when I'd rather be outside enjoying another summer day in Sapporo (2 in a row!-miracles will happen). Thank god for my ipod and the guilty pleasure of S club7 and facebook.
I have attend a lecture at 6pm this evening- it will be very medical and the only reason I'm going is that its in English, that and the email which came a few days ago suggesting I go. I've realised when they email in english its usually it means "you will go" as opposed to "could go". I should be reading papers, preparing my poster or something, but heck its Friday and I was at the beer garden yesterday so I'm all mellow.
I love the beer garden in Sapporo- there was a good crowd of us foreigners and we had an excellent time, but the locals around us were really in the party spirit last night- up on the tables dancing at one point. It's so refreshing to see everyone relaxed and informal for once.
Lets hope the weather keeps up for the weekend so I can get to the beer garden.
Have a good weekend!

No comments: