Tuesday 1 February 2011

Fancy a frisk?

Little things I've noticed since being back...

1. Chocolate is more expensive- maybe its because the shop is in the hospital, maybe its to encourage you to not eat too much, but it costs much more than I remember.

2. Asking people if they want a frisk meets with a rather shocked look and silence as opposed to a yes please "itadakimasu".

3. There are birds everywhere- and they aren't just the mutant giant evil crows

4. I have no idea who any of the singers and bands are on the radio

5. The sun is just rising as I get up for work at 8am and I don't need thermals on to leave the house, but you can wander around the hospital without melting in normal clothes

6. People DO actually hold the door open most times...its very nice.

3 comments:

umebossy said...

I agree about the chocolate! Been noticing since about 2007 how expensive it seems - I remember I had about 50p in change that I took back with me and wanted to get some sweets in WH Smith while waiting for my flight up to Edinburgh. Think I had enough for a Milky Bar and that was it! Ooooh I could go a flake right now. Stupid Japan.

achan said...

Things change so quickly...I spent half a months (Japanese) grocery budget in one go when I visited Australia recently. Why is everything so expensive????

Bet your glad to leave the thermals in the drawer!!

Oyome-san said...

Try asking people if they'd like:

a Collon
a Crunchy Ball Nude
a Calpis
a Pocky

I think you'd make some interesting friends quickly!!!