Tuesday 31 August 2010

Normal service resumed

Feeling much happier today... I'll put yesterday to be overly tired and emotional. Not sleeping and other things really contributed yesterday. I think meeting up with my friend and stuffing ourselves with a sukiyaki tabehodai followed by an ice-cream like cocktail in a favourite bar (yes a bar, not an izakaya- New Orleans style) helped alot.
I have also gained a new neighbour in work. Like a prodigal son, he has returned from his 2 year maturation stint abroad. Luckily, he was in Scotland for this and misses Scotland a lot (he didn't actually want to come back), so we can chat easily in english- a big bonus.
And can I just say, like 50 billion others have probably said. But its bloody hot still. Despite the appearance of all the autumn onsen adverts on tv (and I have no doubt the snow tire ones will start soon), it is roasting....still. I'm now counting down the days till I leave this heat for the cold and rain of Helsinki, even if its just for a week.

P.S. And would you believe it, I saw 3 snow tire adverts on TV last night, despite the fact I was lying in minimal clothes with the fan on and an ice pack at hand.

3 comments:

umebossy said...

Boo, sorry to hear that things have been a bit rough - I'm sure that the funding situation will work itself out though and that this stress will be a thing of the past! I always get wayyyy too worked up about stuff and then when things resolve themselves as they inevitably do I feel dumb for freaking out. It does feel good to have a good cry/bitch session/drown things in alc though!

That's cool that your new neighbour was in Scotland - where abouts? Did you get any irn bru out of him? ;) I am so over this heat too, it's just not right and especially not for us peely-wally lassies fae Scotland! All the limited edition autumn flavoured things have hit the shops and yesterday I was in Tokyu Hands and saw Halloween stuff! Far too early and not something to be thought about when it's still so hot outside...

Heather said...

Thanks umebossy, I think I'm very similar to you. I'm already feeling more positive, something will happen, just go with the flow.
The old newbie was actually in Dundee- so there's loads to talk with him about, being my old uni. I even know the people he worked with.
He's updating me on all the local new slang, for instance "I'm wabbit"= I'm knackered.
I think I'm nae so peely-wally (and I so love that word) now, I'm crisping up even with generous applications of sunblock.
At least the christmas stuff hasn't appeared yet ;)

Gaijin Wife said...

no, not snow adverts already?? That's a bit premature isn't it? God, it's going to be freezing before we know it - worse for you but. Why don't spring and autumn last that little bit longer.