Wednesday 24 February 2010

The reign of silence continues in the lab- although it was broken yesterday by the lunchtime watching of the short programme of womens ice skating, we all crowded round our mini tv/DVD combo (brought by some previous PhD students when they graduated- cheers guys), and silently watched or hissed through teeth when there was a stumble from any competitors.
Anyway, today I'm listening to some most excellent music- Scottish Ceilidh music, pure joy and energy... my second amazon parcel (the royal mail/Japan post route) finally put in an appearance yesterday, bringing this super CD. Its quite old fashioned ceilidh music, but all the famous dances are on it. I don't care if I look like some insane person in the lab- bobbing along to this, it makes me smile and is so got me in the mood for Saturdays extravanganza party in Tokyo of Scottishness.
This link here will give you an impression of the general chaos and fun that is a scottish ceilidh. The men in kilts are added bonus

No comments: