Friday 12 February 2010

Bits n' Bobs post



I'm enjoying my 2nd week free from crippling migraine headaches that I was getting from my tennis lessons. For the past year I've been going to tennis lessons on a saturday, an hour and half of running around. I love playing, but I often found myself unable to do anything afterwards due to the headache/nausea/photophobia that followed a few hours later. The last one was on my birthday party and though I went out with friends I was hardly the soul of the party and came home early without eating much. Since then I've been implementing a careful pre- tennis and post-tennis routine which, touch wood, seems to be working. I think partially it was dehydration and that, currently I'm not being as active as I usually would be so that saturdays burst of energy really buggers up my physiology.Hopefully some more exercise in the week will help, though the recent chilly weather doesn't encourage this. The dehydration is being solved by water, pocari sweat or aquarius sports drinks and recovery konyaku jelly drinks.
So I'm sitting on my couch loafing on the internet listening to Rin
I'm tracking my parcel from amazon uk which is bringing me lots of new books to read...
My parcel has so far visited 3 countries and 6 locations, including Cologne in Germany and Shenzhen in China. Strangely my second parcel from Amazon (from the same order weirdly) is being sent by Royal mail, its like some odd experiment in delivery systems by amazon here.
Even more weirdly is that one of the books in the parcel that went via Shenzhen is a graphic novel about the very same place written by a Canadian animator who had to work there. Maybe they wanted to see what he'd drawn about them?

Oh and I went to the Sapporo snow festival, this was my favourite sculpture.


No comments: