Wednesday 27 January 2010

Burn's supper of tea and irish chocolates...hmmmm

Monday was Burns night in Scotland; a chance to eat Haggis, read poetry, drink and be merry (well if you attend a Burn's supper). I"m missing the little things like that and a good old ceilidh (Scottish dances, excellent music, super exercise).
One of the chaps in my lab went off to Scotland last week for an interview so I handed him my last Scottish 5 pound note with a list of getting some oatcakes and haggis, tinned, on account I don't think Japan would let real haggis in (Real haggis live on the mountains of Scotland and have 2 legs shorter on one side of their body, making them quite easy to catch as they can only run one way round the mountain....really....I'm not telling porky pies here oooh nooo).
Today I got in to find on my desk...
Oatcakes (Orkney ones, excellent)
Scottish blend tea (ok, not on my list, but I'm not complaining)
Butlers chocolate caramels and pralines


NO HAGGIS! I have infact Irish chocolates instead. As nice as they are, I would prefer a tin of haggis. I'm feeling a bit deflated,cause I"ve been really looking forward to it. According to him, he didn't think even tinned Haggis would make it into Japan.

So excuse me while I go and lament my loss of haggis with a wee cup o' tea and a chocolate

No comments: