Sunday 17 January 2010

I love Hokkaido winters!





We had our first really big fall of snow this weekend over 30cm in about 24hrs. It makes me smile... and giddy like a 3 year old even though this is my third winter here and they last so much longer than the UK. Maybe its cause for the first time this this year I've finally got more snow than my friends and parents in Scotland. I've been a little bit jealous of the cold and snow the UK have had the last few weeks, sad I know, but I was born for winters. I'm finally at a temperature thats comfortable for me and I can wear all my favourite pink jumpers. Summer is too hot for my liking. Thanks for the toasty, fun socks Mum! You can wear these in winter and get away with it!
What I really like is the gorgeous blue sky that follows a snow storm...that clear blue sky, white misty breath as you crunch through deep white fluffy snow. Mmmmmmmmm....
There are stairs there somewhere....


I love how the snow lies on the branches of the tree's and the soft sparkle that it has in the sunshine or at night in the streetlights as I walk home from work.
This is other thing I love about winter... I would have never considered skiing before I came to Hokkaido, but I've been bitten by the ski bug. Bring on more snow is all I can say

No comments: