Tuesday 5 July 2011

Can I eat my own words?

Well here I am in my luxury hotel- just checking in with my email and life before another 3 course dinner. Dare I say it- I'm actually really enjoying myself on this course- I have learnt even more bizarre terms and acronyms- SWOT and PESTLE and all sorts of goodies like that and you know what- its all starting to make sense. Maybe there is a manager lurking under this scientist.
I've got another 2 days left here in my little luxury manager course bubble before the realities of the project might taint this happy feeling, but I think I may even be able to take charge a bit more and be more assertive.
It is a lovely break away from lab life- get up in the morning from my giant soft bed and black out- curtained room and amble along for a buffet breakfast, then an hour and half of work before tea and biscuit break. After another hour and a half it's lunchtime- another buffet with hot and cold food and desserts of chocolate cake. Then another session before afternoon tea and brownie or tea and scones. A bit of a break before dinner to take in some pool and sauna in the hotel before the next feast arrives and then we've been heading off the pub. I could get used to this life- though my stomach and liver may not.

3 comments:

Oyome-san said...

Do you have enough stomach space for eating your own words????!!!
All sounds great - work and play in Cheltenham.
and funny thing - love as you as much as I do...I've long thought one thing you are lacking is: ASSERTIVENESS! So if this course has made you realize that - it's good!
You are a professional woman in your 30s - time to be assertive and demand the respect you deserve...geeky girl scientist is ok in your 20s.....but this is the next stage of life!!!! GO GET IT!

and my security word is: prommis!!

gaijinwife said...

Jealous. Sounds lovely, even though full of words I don't know. And I agree with oyome-san, surely you aren't leaving space in there with all that yummy food to eat your own words.
xxx

SomedaysSarah said...

Why would you want to eat your words when you have all that lovely food to eat?! Enjoy!! ;)