Thursday 14 October 2010

Rambling along...

Not too much going on here. I'm slowly resigning myself to the fact I'll probably have to leave Sapporo (and probably Japan) next February or March. I'm looking for some other jobs and things. I have one I'm preparing for, its an online application- which is freaky, I have to write answers for questions such as what qualities do I have or why do I want to work there- its hard enough answering those in an interview, nevermind thinking about how to write down.
What else has been happening....hmmmm...not too much. The days are lovely and autumnal here, mostly anyway. Hopefully I can get out of Sapporo for a walk soon...
Our lab is slowly adjusting to life without the mini-boss. This means that the second window in our lab is now free of towering piles of papers and slides, so its got much lighter, the prodigal son (he who recently returned from his stint abroad in Scotland) has assumed the mantle of head of the lab and has moved up to the mini-bosses desk. We haven't seen much of him, apparently with great power comes great amounts of work in clinics all over Hokkaido. I got a weird cultural thing we do moment when the lab was discussing whether the Golden Child who is up next to the prodigal sons position should move to make way for the newest person to sit. Apparently its an unspoken rule (?) that the newest person should be closest to the boss- why? no- one could say. any suggestions? Our system in the labs in the uk was wherever there was space you got that.

Oh, and his highness's name has re-appeared back on the work schedule for next month- it seems he'll be back and we'll finally be able to find out what was wrong with him- or will we?

No comments: