Thursday 8 July 2010

Rest in the bosom of the woods

Listen to the mumuring of a stream, Run after wild birds, Rest in the bosom of the woods....

I snapped this one in a parking lot of a super sento I went to last night...how very evocative, even though its a wheel cover from the back of an SUV.
A friend and I skipped out of the lab early yesterday for some R&R. It was great... hot stone rooms from 6C (with snow falling from the ceiling!) to 61C (didn't feel that much different from 53C or 2 weekends ago in Sapporo). Big pools and out door baths and a great mini reflexology session- all for around 2000Y.
All ready and relaxed for weekend, maybe too relaxed. I didn't want to get out bed today after sleeping so well.
Anyway just 2 experiments to run today and I can go. Its the last weekend before Fuji so its the last chance for a warm-up hike. Maybe I can find a wood and mumuring stream...

2 comments:

Oyome-san said...

Love it....hope you find your mumering stream...

umebossy said...

Have you done your Fuji climb yet? How did it go?