Sunday 5 February 2012

Having one of those days....

Weeks....

You know....when the gods of science decree that your 14 day experiment will suddenly fail and become infected on the last day; the same one you've been trying to get to work for more than two months. When your incubators you grow cells in grow mold and suddenly stop working in cacophy of alarms and failing gas supplies.
When your careful plan of work for the day is turning into a day of being wearing masks and rubber gloves with a tub of disinfectant. And the website you really need in order to arrange going to a conference is down for 3 days and counting....

These are the days when you escape and eat cake.

A big slab of the most chocolately, gooey, moist cake....with an extra topping of chocolate sauce.

3 comments:

Gaijin Wife said...

sounds like the best solution to me. I'm about to make red velvet cupcakes. I'll have a big one on your behalf and hope that tomorrow is a better day.

Heather said...

Thanks GW! I hope your red velvet cupcakes filled the spot. I'd love to make some of these at some point

SomedaysSarah said...

I dunno about gas alarms or gas supplies but I think I have my own vengeful gods messing with me - our book was at the publishers and we literally had to stop the presses to make sure we had permission to use a photo that we thought we did but turns out we didn't really... I self-diagnosed chocolate but you're right, I think I need cake too!

Hope things start looking up for you!