Wednesday 23 December 2009

A Thoroughly Japanese Christmas experience

Yeah, the last post was a bit gloomy, the next part gets better, but I'll write that soon.

Anyhoo, I survived the madness that was Daimaru on the December 23rd holiday and it was seriously crazy....up there with Christmas eve shopping madness in the UK!
Got cake for work. I figure that since I don't want to be in work this week and working, I'll make it as nice as possible and buying cake means I can distract those hard working Japanese guys in my lab and turn them into lazy British bums instead through the power of cake!
I got home after the crush, stuck on all the Bourne films (with perm-a-frown Matt Damon) and wrote up a pile of nengajo cards (that will be Japanese new year cards to the non residents of Japan), a challenge for me as the address and names I wrote in kanji so lets hope those were all right for posting and that I haven't unitentionally insulted them with some dodgy kanji mistakes.

So here we are christmas eve the cake is in the fridge in work, just finishing my coffee, and sat through the earthquake we've just had- it wasn't big, more like a lurch and then some gentle circular motions. M6.4 off the coast of Sibera, but widely felt across Japan.
I"ll be in tomorrow, but I"m planning the great escape off to my friends (Oyome sans) house to cook christmas dinner- with turkey and crackers!

Merry Christmas!
Some christmas joy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDa40nOCat8&feature=related
okay not so christmassy, but its so funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hixZec86Ys&feature=related
More christmassy and its got my favourite muppets in it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_8kmOmxyk&feature=related
Very Christmassy muppets!

enjoy ( I am)

No comments: