Wednesday 13 August 2008

Beginning of the challenge



I don't know at what point last week I finally decided to start a blog but here it is. Last week was a slow week in work, many people were away- I assume back to their families for O-bon. It  was hot too, well actually its been hot for the past 3 weeks, which for me gets tiring after a while. Sapporo (and Hokkaido) is way much cooler than rest of Japan in the summer, but for a lily livered Brit like myself  I become sloth like.  So I spent some of my time last week planning stuff for when my friends  come in September on holidays, and as I looked around the internet I came across a site that describes all the routes up Fujisan and I came to the decision that I wanted to climb it.  Not this year obviously, since the official season is almost over for one, the other being my general unhealthy ness. 
I bought a Wii fit about 2 months ago and I still haven't improved my age on it- I'm currently 55, which is way much older than I am  really - let me just state. Though I don't suppose that not being able to understand the Japanese instructions on the the balance exercises help (Obviously this is where I'm going wrong, not the whole being generally over weight and unhealthy). Anyway the combination of a slow week in work and finally deciding to get fit has led to this- This blog and My Fuji challenge. 
This weekend, I went back on the Wii fit (the temperature dropped to a nice 25C again) and I was full of plans, so I spent the weekend watching 5 DVDs and going shopping- a great start to my fitness regime I think not. 
Ah well..... there's always next week.

Random Drink of the week- Lucky Cider (as I didn't win the lottery and nearly got hit by a car on my bike I'm not sure its all that lucky) it even has extra kira kira (sparkle).
Random thoughts- why do Japanese fire engines and ambulances have sirens on at 3am when nothing is on the road?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather,

Saw your comment on Mike's Blender about starting a new blog, and would just like to constructively ask you why you chose blogger? Is there any specific reason why you chose it?

Even if you don't want to have a self-hosted site, I think their are many other superior free blogging platforms out there.

Have you heard of squarespace?

http://www.squarespace.com/

Or even just a generic Wordpress.com blog, which would still give you the ability to choose from tons of themes.

For me, a nicely themed site makes me want to come back and enjoy my time spent on that particular site.

Please feel free to delete this comment and didn't mean to insult you in anyway, but just point out that I feel there are many free, superior blogging platforms out there compared to blogger.

For example it's hard to leave a comment on your blog, not everyone has a Google or open ID account.